Field Service Technician – Suppression Systems (Clean Agent)
General Fire has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician specializing in clean agents. The Clean Field Service Technician is responsible for the maintenance, installation and inspection for fire suppression systems for commercial kitchens, vehicles, industrial applications and primarily clean agents. Job duties include conducting service calls, systems testing and inspections to the prescribed standards, performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of our customers’ fire protection equipment, identifying code issues and non-conformance issues, and preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports. Duties will also include the installation of fire suppression systems.
• Minimum 1 year experience in the maintenance, repair, service and installation of fire suppression systems a major plus but not required. We will train the right person.
• Must be good with tools and be able to climb up and down ladders regularly
• Valid Drivers License required and clean driving record is a must
• High School Diploma/ GED required
• NICET licensing or other fire certifications encouraged
• Ability to occasionally work nights/or and weekends when needed and be available on-call when schedule requires
• Criminal background check and drug free testing required.
Fire Alarm Inspector NICET NFPA 72
General Fire is seeking a Fire Alarm Inspector in the Systems division to perform on-site inspection, testing, troubleshooting and repair of fire alarm, suppression and security systems/associated devices. This position is required to partner with sales to grow and protect the service segment of our business. This position is responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work for inspections, and determining if additional information is needed. He/She must be able to write detailed reports of inspection deficiencies and provide information for quoting deficiencies.
- Minimum of High School Dipolma/GED; 2-4 degree in technical field from an accredited college or University
- Experience performing fire alarm inspections
- Knowledge of major fire alarm equipment brands (such EST, Notifier, Gamewell/FCI, Firelite, Radionics, Admeco and/or Silent Knight)
- Familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA 72)
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and related programs.
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment
- Valid driver’s license with clear driving record
- Ability to work and full-time schedule
- Overtime may be required for this position with short notice.
- Ability to troubleshoot
- NICET Level I or II Certification for Fire Alarm Systems
- Industry Training/Certifications
Qualified candidates should email resumes to: